It is CHILLY out there lately. I’m not even sure if chilly is a good enough word. It’s so cold in New Jersey that my bones hurt when I’m outside for too long. And not even that long. The short walk from my car to the grocery store is enough to knock the wind out of me. Is that a good enough visual for you? It’s cold. So here are a few of my favorite things to keep me warm this winter… and a few things that in no way keep me warm but still make me happy.
1. ChapStick brand Medicated chapstick: I am a little bit of a chapstick addict. Like, no joke. On any given time I have no less than 6 different kinds of chapstick on me. However, when it’s super cold out and I feel like my lips are chapped beyond repair, I always turn to this particular chapstick. It may be all in my head, but I feel like it heals my lips within minutes.
2. A cute beanie with embellishments: I purchased this exact hat from Forever 21 and I adore it. It’s a slouchy beanie but somehow actually stays on my head, which pretty much never happens with hats like this. The bow is just an added bonus of cuteness that I love.
3. Nars Blush in Super Orgasm: I have been on an epic quest to find the perfect blush. Something not too red, not too orangey, and not too pink. Well fellow women on the same epic quest, you can stop searching. This blush is a game changer. I assume by the name, it’s supposed to make you look flushed, as if you have just finished having the most amazing…. well… you know. I adore this color. It’s pure perfection.
4. Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate: I am an iced coffee addict. I will forever hold a place in my heart for Dunkin Donuts iced coconut coffee. However, as the weather plummets to the teens and I have to start lessening my intake of caffeine for the baby, I find myself drinking more and more of these salted caramel hot chocolates. They’re delish and warm me right up! But extremely filling. I can never finish one!
5. Extra long wool trench coat: Matt got me one from Express for Christmas and I practically live in it this winter. It’s super warm and not over-the-top bulky like some of those puffy marshmallow coats can be. Like really… is there any way to look good in one of those? I think not.
6. Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy: I love this shade! I’ve eyed it up for years and never bought it, because I had a shade that I thought was too similar. Fortunately for me, it ran out recently, so I picked up this bad boy and I love it! It’s the perfect shade to highlight a NYE smoky, shimmery eye. There’s also Midnight Cowboy Rides Again which has a little glitter mixed in and seems to be a little darker. I like it, but I’m not always a fan of the added shimmer.
7. Ugg Boots; Bailey Button Tall in Chestnut: Another Christmas present from the Hubbs this year, I live in these things. No joke. I had the same exact boots but the short version which I like to wear with jeans. These fit perfectly with my ‘i’m pregnant and can’t fit into jeans anymore’ leggings that I wear every day. They’re incredibly warm and comfy, but I mean, obviously, they’re Uggs!
8. Gloves: This is pretty much a no brainer for the winter, isn’t it? These Coach gloves have been keeping my fingers nice and toasty for years now and I will never part with them!
9. Nars nail polish in Super Orgasm: So I bought all three of these things together; blush, nail polish, and lip gloss, in super orgasm. I adore them all. This nail polish is super sheer but packed to the gills with glitter. I like layering it over a light pink polish.
So those are some of my favorite things this winter! Think I’m kidding about my chapstick addiction? Hardly. Check this picture out, I took it today. :] There’s even one missing from the picture, but I didn’t notice until it was too late. haha Also, here’s a picture of me (below) in my beanie that I featured. Unfortunately, it’s from the wrong angle and you can’t see the adorable bow, but you get the picture.
I may post again later because I am on a fashion high from last night’s Golden Globes and I don’t want to wait until tomorrow and the buzz wears off! So keep an eye out for that. Speaking of tomorrow! Matt and I are in for some pretty big news… we find out if Baby R is a boy or a girl!!!!! I couldn’t sleep last night I’m so excited and I can barely concentrate on anything today. So I’m sure I’ll be a nervous wreck for the rest of the day today. AH. Wish us luck!!! 🙂 Oh & also, Happy MLK day to everyone!
Love you all, bye!