Well the seasons are changing and so is my mind. I am a very fickle person when it comes to style and things I like, so it only seems appropriate to give updates monthly. These are a few of my favorite things so far for the month of September.
1. Infinity scarf from Ann Taylor Loft: I love, love, love scarves and there is something about infinity scarves that I just cannot get enough of. They are so chic and stylish and yet still get the job done. The animal print? An added bonus.
2. Sweater from Banana Republic: They just opened up a new Banana in the Short Hills Mall and I almost died when I first walked in there. Everything is gorgeous and they make the most comfortable clothes. I love the details on this sweater, cardigans can look so alike after a while.
3. Leather jacket from Express: Every BAMF needs a leather jacket. End of story.
4. Leggings from Express: I live in Express leggings. They are super comfortable and don’t give you that awkward camel toe that everyone is petrified of. Grab yourself a pair if you haven’t already.
5. Jimmy Choo ‘Biker’ Boot: Along with the leather jacket, every BAMF needs a pair of these bad boys too. Matt got me a pair as an anniversary present and I haven’t taken them off since. They are durable and lined with the softest rabbit fur on the inside which keeps your foot snug and comfy!
6. Urban Decay eyeshadow in Baked and Blunt: Gold is an amazing color for fall, jewelry and makeup alike. These are two of my absolute favorite shades for fall. I shade the lighter color (blunt) all over the lid and work baked into the creases and corners. I usually line my eyes with a deep brown liner to pull the look together.
7. Coconut Oil: I know what you’re thinking… um Rachel.. this is a cooking ingredient? But oh no friends, it’s so much more! Did you know you can use coconut oil for your skin and hair? Because ya can. So try it. This particular brand in general has directions right on the label. And it works fabulously. My skin and hair had really never felt better.
8. Yankee Candle; Home Sweet Home: Ok, this, unlike the coconut oil, is not a product that is a jack of all trades, so please do not melt the wax and rub it in your hair thinking it’s the next new Moroccan hair oil. I do not want to be responsible for that. This literally is just an amazing candle and I adore the way it smells. Home Sweet Home is the perfect name for this scent… it makes me want to pick up an Iced Passion Tea from Starbucks and go pumpkin picking. Fantastic. Take a whiff.
So! These are a few of my favorite things in September so far. I’m not quite ready to part ways with my shorts and my flip flops… but when I think about all of the things I love about Fall I’m starting to cope. What are your favorite things for Fall?
3 Replies to “Fall Favorites: September”
My roommate’s mother actually bought us a “home sweet home” candle from Yankee candle for our apartment. It smells so good!!
Okay so i feel like a doofus because I’ve been calling infinity scarves as “circle scarves” this entire time! Woops! But I’m glad to know the proper name now LOL.
I love that Banana Republic sweater!! I didn’t realize they opened a BR at Short Hills. My parents live 20 minutes from there and I didn’t even make a trip there while I was home. Major fail!! I hear they are opening / opened a cheesecake factory as well?!
Sab my love! helloo 🙂 haha yes! Cheesecake Factory is now open and it is amazing. definitely have to stop there next time you’re home! Hope the new place is going great! thanks for the love 😉
i love hand made caldles and coconut oil this was so interesting to read!!
thank you for sharing 🙂
i just followed you on twitter to keep up with your latest posts
thank you for your message on ifb 🙂